Friday 27 January 2012

Highs and Lows

Sorry for the lack of posting I have had to take a break due to being really busy and dog tired not a good combination. It is a good job that other than keeping an eye on the stop loss position the shares look after themselves but I do need to finish some further research and buy some more.

So how have they done? I am currently £35.12 in profit but it has not been a level line the spread of profit and loss since I last posted has been about £100 veering from almost £30 loss to over £70 profit so it is good that I regard this as a medium term (at least) investment or else the pressure of when to sell/hold would have been difficult to manage.

This is one of the reasons I need to buy more shares to spread the risk so that overall profits are more consistent or at least that is the aim.

Just been and bought this week's copy of Investors Chronicle and I need to follow up some shares that I am watching and then decide which ones to buy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm just trying to read and understand what you are doing. I can totally see that with your competitive nature the temptation to watch the prices must be strong, and if this was real money the temptation to get out of a trade early would be quite strong too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sort of companies do you invest in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Companies that are making a profit - I hope!

    No seriously the share I have bought at the moment is Fenner which is a polymer manufacturer. As long as I can see reason for growth I would consider any company but I am hoping to purchase a balanced portfolio eventually to avoid any downturn in one specific market affecting me too badly eg if you only had bank shares when the meltdown happened then you would have been sunk but even in times of recession there are firms that are growing. I also look for firms that are paying decent dividends. Fenner is going ex dividend this week which means if you hold the shares at market close on Tuesday then you will get the dividend due to be paid on their shares in March but if you buy them on 1st Feb you won't hence the shares should fall in price on Wednesday to account for the dividend payable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service -Email info@lemeridianfds.com.
    lfdsloans@outlook.com
    (WhatsApp...+1-989-3943-740 Or Call +1-913-9518-145)

    ReplyDelete