Thursday 12 January 2012

I did it

I have bought my first shares 400 shares at 440.66 which makes a total of £1762.64 plus stamp duty £8.81 and Commission of £11.95 making a grand total of £1783.40.
For those that want to know how this is done all you have to do in real life (although this of course is my fantasy trading account) is open an online trading account with your company of your choice deposit the amount you have decided to invest using your debit card and in my case make sure that you open a stocks and shares ISA account so that you don't have to pay tax. You will probably be asked for ID to make sure you are who you say you are and once the account is open you are ready to go.
You then type in the code for your particular share if you don't know it (but you should if you have researched properly) then you can search for it and a buy/sell button comes up click the buy button it will give you a price put in the number of shares or the amount you want to spend and you then have 15 seconds to press the button to confirm that you want to buy at that price and that is it. Money gets deducted from your account plus commission and 0.5% stamp duty and correspondingly the shares will become part of your portfolio. It's all scaringly simple.
The only problem with the fantasy account it doesn't seem to give you an option to set a stop loss when you buy so I will have to set an alert should the share fall to my stop loss price but in real life you can ask for the shares to be sold as soon as they hit this price.
I have however set my stop loss price which is 394 which gives me a risk of 46p per share making a total of £184 plus my stamp duty of £8.81(only on purchase) and my buy/sell commission of £23.90 which makes £216.71 which is slightly over my 2% target of £200 but in real life I would not expect commission to be so high and I wanted to keep a round number of shares.
Of course because there is a difference between the price you can buy shares at and the price you can sell shares at (the spread) and you always have to buy at the higher price and sell at the lower price and because of the stamp duty and commission you are a loss making position as soon as you buy shares until hopefully they start to rise.
As I write the price has risen to 443 and my current loss is £11.24

2 comments:

  1. Gosh! For me that is all complicated on a 1st read BUT i can sense the buzz you would get for it. I know i've said it before but I am v excited about all this for you! Can't wait to see how the figures pan out over the coming weeks / months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service -Email info@lemeridianfds.com.
    lfdsloans@outlook.com
    (WhatsApp...+1-989-3943-740 Or Call +1-913-9518-145)

    ReplyDelete